Lightened Up Chicken Strips
Write a review
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 slices of bread (any kind works, and stale is preferable)
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F/205C.
- Cut chicken breasts into finger-sized strips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs and set aside.
- Add flour to a large bowl. Break up/crumble bread with your hands, evenly mix into flour.
- Add salt and pepper to flour mixture.
- Dump strips in egg mixture.
- Remove strips a few at a time, allowing excess to drip off, then place in flour mixture; toss until coverage is total.
- Take floured strips, a few at a time, and gently dip back in egg mixture; making sure to allow excess egg to drip off without losing flour coating.
- Place strips on an aluminum-lined baking sheet and pop them into the oven.
- DON’T overcook!! What makes these so good is their tenderness. Bake for 12 minutes, but no more than 15.
Diary of a Formerly Fat Girl http://diaryofaformerlyfatgirl.com/