I’ll be honest: my radish-related experiences are pretty minimal. I know I should plant them early in the Spring, I know that they’re ready to harvest early in the season, and I know that they’re a crispy-crunchy-spicy veggie that’s nice to have in the fridge alongside some carrots and cucumbers. That’s about it.
But if you’re about as radish-literate as me, consider your mind about to be blown. Made quite easily (and with ingredients you likely already have), roasted radishes are delicious, 100% healthy, and a GREAT low-cal substitute for a starch (hell, they even look like little wee new potatoes). Leave some space for them on your dinner plate tonight– you won’t regret it!
- 1 bunch (or bag) radishes, washed and cut lengthwise in half
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425F/215C.
- In a large bowl, toss radishes with olive oil, balsamic, and dijon, making sure to cover thoroughly.
- Spread radishes out on a baking sheet or casserole dish, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, making sure to stir the radishes about every 5 minutes.
- Be sure to serve them hot-- they cool off in a hurry!