This recipe is a lightened up version of traditional cornbread. With Splenda, greek yogurt, fat-free margarine, & egg whites, this healthy take on a classic pairs perfectly with my Hearty Vegan Chilli!
- ¼ cup 0% fat greek yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup fat-free margarine
- 2/3 cup Splenda
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C and grease a square 8x8 pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine.
- Add Splenda, greek yogurt, almond milk, & egg whites. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add baking soda, salt, & cornmeal. Thoroughly combine.
- Finally, add flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan, and bake for 30-40 minutes, until sides are golden brown.
This cornbread would also pair beautifully with my Hot Indian Shrimp Soup!