If you follow my blog, you know that I have a deep and abiding love of snickerdoodles. If you have know idea what I’m talking about and are all ‘wtf are snickerdoodles?!’, click here.
But sometimes, even the purest love can need a bit of a spice up. Which….is why I spent the day perfecting Snickerdoodle Cupcakes.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C and grease your cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together your butter and sugar.
- Add your egg, vanilla, and milk, and mix thoroughly.
- Add your baking powder, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and flour, and mix into an even, smooth batter.
- Pour into your cupcake tins, and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let cool on a wire rack.
- Cream together your butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly and carefully, add your icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix to an even, creamy texture, and pipe onto however you'd like onto your cupcakes-- once they are fully cooled, of course.
- Both the cupcakes and the frosting keep well frozen.
The light, cinnamon sugary-ness of the cupcake is perfectly offset by the creamy, rich cinnamon-sugar cream cheese icing.
Another great thing about this recipe? It only makes 6, so you won’t be tempted day after day with leftovers.